Our Students . . .
- Have positive leadership roles in their schools and/or community
- Enjoy giving, and seek to return to their communities in the future
- Feel valued and useful to our society
- Report our program encourages them to achieve and reach higher
- Indicate feeling smart and accomplished
- Want to help others
- Plan to attend college and achieve grades which are competitive for college admission
- Share a belief in God and understand that He has a purpose for their lives
All of our scholars are actively involved in making a difference in their community.
They volunteer in their schools, get involved in local neighborhood initiatives, and are very active with Platinum Minds and our community programs.
Most of our scholars have become peer leaders or have taken on other leadership roles in the schools.
Arete’ Leaders Program
Students in our Arete’ Leaders Program are gifted scholars who have come to realize their talents, skills and intelligence reach beyond anything they imagined. Our scholars image of themselves radiates self-confidence and success. With this new vision, they are able to clearly see the connection between academics, athletics and having God central in their lives. They value not only their own success but the success of their communities and of those less fortunate among them. Their choices are more strategic, thoughtful and directed towards excellence. They see their leadership qualities and the gifts they have to offer to the world.
As the cost of education continues to rise, far too many bright and ambitious students are losing access to high-quality education. When these students don’t receive the educational training and exposure to new ideas they desire, it’s common that they give up on their dreams and or the hopes of a better life.
We want bright students to have an even brighter future. Our scholarship program provides deserving students an opportunity to attend top-tier, private secondary and parochial schools through a competitive selection process. The scholars who receive a scholarship are placed in exceptional education institutions throughout New Jersey.
• Platinum Minds has supported eight scholars with tuition assistance to attend private secondary schools or specialty public high schools for 6 years, and, over 30 young men who continue at their existing middle or high schools.
• 100% of scholars participating in the program report feeling fortunate to have this opportunity. They rise to the occasion of being a leader and hold themselves proud to be a role model to younger boys in their existing schools and throughout their community.
• 100% of our graduating seniors have gone on to college receive substantial academic and athletic scholarships.
• 100% of our scholars have plans to further their education beyond high school and report that Platinum Minds has prepared them well by providing knowledge of the careers selection process and directing them towards fields within their interest and skill areas.